5 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a highly delicious spice. It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years. Modern science has now confirmed what people have known for ages.
Here are 5 health benefits of cinnamon that are supported by scientific research. [Healthy Follow]
1. Cinnamon is a popular spice. It’s high in cinnamaldehyde, which is thought to be responsible for most of cinnamon’s health benefits.
2. Cinnamon contains large amounts of highly potent polyphenol antioxidants.
The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help lower your risk of disease.
3. Cinnamon may improve some key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure.
4. Cinnamon has been shown to significantly increase sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
5. Cinnamon has been shown to reduce fasting blood sugar levels, having a potent anti-diabetic effect at 1–6 grams or 0.5–2 teaspoons per day.
At the end of the day, cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.